TechRepublic: Motiv Robotic Technology Forges a Path for Human Exploration
TechRepublic’s reporter, R. Dallon Adams, spoke with Motiv’s VP of Business Development, Tom McCarthy, to discuss our role in the Martian Perseverance rover landing later this month, the xLink Robotic Arm that’ll be powering the OSAM-2 mission, and our COLDArm program currently under development with JPL.
One of the article’s core themes is combining robotic technologies, like ours, with intelligent AI. Together, they can perform critical exploration, data gathering, and even infrastructure development, ahead of human missions to the Moon, Mars, and other destinations in our solar system.
“We have pretty good models and we understand the environment, but there’s nothing like being able to have systems as precursors to really monitor and quantify environments,” McCarthy said.
TechRepublic Interview with Tom McCarthy of Motiv, titled AI spacefarers and cosmic testbeds: Robust robotic systems forge path for human space exploration.
Take a Deeper Dive
Ready to dive deeper into the technologies and missions profiled in the article? We’ve got resources to help you out.
Mars 2020 Perseverance
- Track the Mission Live with Nasa’s Eye on the Solar System App
- Learn more about Motiv’s role on the Mars 2020 Perseverance rover.
- Read NASA’s mission-profile for OSAM-2
- Learn more about the xLink Robotic Arm that’s powering OSAM-2
- Learn more about Motiv’s role in OSAM-2
- Learn more about our COLDArm project with JPL